ADHD Evaluation and Treatment
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Diagnosing ADHD: Initial Evaluation – Only Offered to Current Patients
Elmwood Pediatrics offers ADHD evaluation and testing to current patients.
If you believe your child may have ADHD and would like to have him/her evaluated, we will request that a series of parent and teacher questionnaires be completed. This packet of questionnaires and some initial information can be mailed to you, picked up at one of our offices or downloaded below.
Once the forms are complete and returned to our office, one of our ADHD/Referrals specialists will contact you to schedule an appointment for evaluation with one of our providers. The initial appointment is a consult which may take a few weeks to schedule, as it is a longer than usual appointment.
To talk to one of our ADHD/Referrals specialists about the ADHD process or to request a packet, please call (585) 244-9720.
To view the forms listed below, you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- Parent packet
- Vanderbilt for Parents
- Vanderbilt for Teachers
- Vanderbilt for Adults/Older Teens
- Vanderbilt Follow up Form for Teachers
- Vanderbilt Follow up Form for Parents
- PHQ9 Screen
If your child has been diagnosed with ADHD, regular follow-up visits and close medication management are important. Your provider will coordinate your child’s initial and follow-up care consistent with the following EPG requirements:
Follow-Up ADHD Appointments:
- After the initial evaluation and diagnosis of ADHD, a medication recheck visit should be scheduled in 4 weeks to discuss how things are going and deal with any immediate problems or concerns. Additional office visits may be necessary until we feel that your child is doing well on the medication prescribed.
- An ADHD follow-up evaluation should be scheduled 4 months after the initial evaluation. This visit will require new parent and teacher forms to be completed and evaluated by the provider.
- If no significant changes are made at the 4 month follow-up visit, your child should return for an ADHD follow-up visit every 4 months. These visits include follow-up forms from parents and teachers. If medication changes are made at any 4 month follow-up visit, the provider may want to see your child again prior to the next follow-up visit.
- Our ADHD specialists can assist you in scheduling appointments, requesting refills, and completing appropriate forms. You can reach them or leave a message at (585) 244-9720.
- EPG requires an annual well-care appointment for all children on ADHD medications. Your child must be current on his or her well-care exams to continue on ADHD medications.
ADHD Evaluation is only offered to current patients. Join the Elmwood Pediatrics family today!
For more information relating to ADHD, visit www.chadd.org.